WHAT YOU GET?
Three key skills at the core of the Copyblogger Academy curriculum:
Key Skill #1 — Strategy
The goal of content marketing is ultimately to make sales.
And you can’t do that if you focus only on creating great content.
Most content marketing efforts make this mistake. What are they missing?
It’s the reason why most content fails to convert as well as it should.
According to the Content Marketing Institute, only 41% of companies already doing content marketing have a documented strategy.
Add to that the rush to digital marketing we’ve seen over the past couple of years from brick-and-mortar companies that have been slow to switch, and a lot of people need a lot of help.
That’s a big opportunity for you as a writer.
An opportunity to get booked solid with only the kinds of clients you want to work with.
And that’s why you need to ensure you’ve got the right skills as well (not just writing).
Remember, about 60% of companies currently doing content marketing have no documented strategy, so they need way more than words.
They need someone who understands marketing and the strategy behind the content — and who can execute on creating that content at a high level.
Key Skill #2 — Traffic
If there’s one topic that bedevils content creators and digital marketers of all kinds, it’s traffic.
And although content and copy power site visits and opt-ins, it takes special expertise to get people to join an audience and eventually convert to a customer or client.
This is why it’s so crucial for you to also understand search engine optimization (SEO).
Well-placed ads can get you qualified prospects in a matter of days, but SEO is a long-term game that can eventually provide a steady stream of organic traffic.
It’s no surprise that search is more competitive than ever, and that’s why creativity plus technical skill is the key to attracting links and ranking well.
You also need to know how to read the data you’re collecting — i.e., understand analytics and conversion.
Get comfortable with the data side of things, so you can make decisions and adjust your content and your strategy.
Again — this, paired with the art of good copywriting, means you can convert cold traffic into leads. A highly valuable combination that pays very well.
Key Skill #3 — Audience & Technology
When it comes down to it, the audience is king, not content or traffic.
But, you still need those two to attract an engaged group of viable prospects.
Then, you’ve got to know how to grow, engage, and understand your audience… and implement smart automation that adds value both to the audience and to you (or your client).
The tools are not only very affordable but also easier to use than ever before. It takes some time to master them, but your value as a result of knowing how to use them in today’s marketplace will pay you back in spades.
This includes knowing how to gather and analyze email data…
And knowing how to segment an otherwise unified audience, so you can deliver personalized content experiences that people have come to expect from dealing with companies like Amazon and Netflix.
Bonus #1: “How to Create a Second Revenue Stream with Your Online Training Business”
In this comprehensive training, you’ll discover how to take your knowledge or expertise and package it up into a premium course people will happily pay for.
You’ll then set up an automated marketing funnel to sell it, bringing you a steady source of second income!
Specifically, you’ll learn…
- six of the best (and fastest) ways to find a market of hungry learners who’ll gladly pay high prices for your course…
- how to validate your idea and know in advance if it’ll be profitable or not (saving you from wasting your time, money, and energy on something that’s doomed from the start)…
- how to create your course (and how to outsource it if you don’t want to personally create it or don’t have the time)…
- the different business models available to you and how to choose the right one for your online training business…
- how to price your course for maximum sales…
- strategies for launching and marketing your course and making a big splash when you do…
- how to automate the sales process, so you can free up your time and scale the business…
- and much more…
Bonus #2: The Email Marketing Crash Course
One of the best things you can do for your own business or for your clients is to understand email marketing.
Email is simply the best way to stay in touch with your prospects and customers. It’s also a great way to build a relationship with them.
The only problem is, most content entrepreneurs don’t know where to start. This course fixes that.
- how to grow your email list (even if you have no clue how to do so)…
- how to create email marketing automation, so you can stay in touch with your list and build a relationship on autopilot…
- the power of segmentation and why it’s one of the best ways to unlock your list’s true potential…
- best practices for emailing your list, including how often, what kinds of emails to send, and more…
- advanced list growth strategies that turbocharge your list-building efforts…
- and much more…
Bonus #3: The Content Confidence Checklist
Have you ever written a piece of content, and then hesitated when it’s time to click Publish or send it off to a client?
Don’t worry. It’s perfectly normal.
That’s why we created this small but mighty resource that will help you publish or send your work to clients with confidence.
You’ll know — without a doubt — that you’ve created the best piece of content possible.
I highly recommend you print out your Content Confidence Checklist.
Print it out, and use it every single time you create content — whether it’s a blog post, an infographic, a podcast, or a video.
You’ll also get a complete 25-minute walk-through on how to use the checklist effectively.